Job title: Senior Test Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking to speak with Senior Test Engineers on behalf of a revolutionary technology company that develop chips and software in Cambridge. Partnering with some of the most prestigious companies in the world, this is an excellent opportunity for a Test Engineer to step-up and advance their career. You will be working in a cross-functional team, working alongside developers.
Your daily tasks will include and are not limited to…
- Promoting good engineering practices with a view towards quality
- Contributing to the design, test and where appropriate, development of software working in an agile team using industry best practices
- Helping shape and improve testing methodologies (including ISO 9001 processes) by identifying areas of improvement
- Developing effective test plans
- Using methodical engineering approaches to the analysis and diagnosis of complex issues/defects
- Carrying out design tasks required to complete testing work by developing a solid understanding of the system architecture and proposing changes and improvements where appropriate
- Providing testing solutions to problems, supporting the delivery of solid and robust components implemented
- Encouraging teams to follow test processes and aid in the development of automated tests with appropriate coverage for all developed features.
- Demonstrating confidence and diplomacy in presenting issues. Exploring a range of possibilities for resolving issues and achieve acceptable compromises
- Communicate effectively with others at various levels of the organisation.
- Actively partaking and contributing to team meetings
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Managing multiple objectives, prioritising, and seeking help early if deadlines are at risk of being met
- Presenting, documenting and reviewing technical information aimed at both technical and non-technical colleagues (e.g. a release note) - clearly, concisely and appropriately targeted to the audience.
- Communicating clearly with established technical contacts and existing partners to resolve technical issues, being aware of what can/cannot be communicated to external contacts
- Articulating company strategy and customer needs, and how they relate to current work
- Occasionally travelling for work as requested
The ideal candidate will…
- Consider themselves a self-starter
- Have strong scripting skills (Python advantageous)
- Have embedded experience (advantageous)
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be an analytical thinker
- Have ISTQB certification (advantageous)
- Have 4+ years testing experience (manual and automation)
- 10% bonus
- Flexible working