Job title: Senior Test Engineer x2
Location: Peterborough (2 days remote working)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 (depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a Senior Test Engineer wanting to work for a company that are helping provide solutions for a greener and more sustainable future?
SoCode are delighted to be partnering with an exciting, Peterborough based company who are working on the future of energy by providing solutions to the utilities sector. This an excellent opportunity for a strong test development engineer who has a thirst for learning and wants to become more cross-functional to really advance their career.
In addition to working on some great technology, you will also have the benefits of flexible remote working, and a 4 and a half day working week!
Some of the things you’ll be involved in…
- Translating marketing and customer requirements into well-designed, functional test solutions
- Actively contributing to the creation of a high performing, cross-functional, Agile team with strong collaboration and continuous improvement of process, quality and feature development
- Ensuring quality, customer focussed solutions are achieved and maintained in a timely manner
- Coaching and mentoring other test development engineers
- Writing performance critical and maintainable functional tests for an embedded (resource limited) product
- Taking responsibility for your Continuous Professional Development
- Undertaking other duties that may arise from time to time as directed and to meet the needs of the business
You will have the following skills and experience…
- Solid experience of Python based functional test development for embedded products
- Strong experience of working in an Agile environment
- Self-starter and motivated team-player
- Desire to learn – even if you don’t have all the skills required, this company are looking for the right attitude and skills/experience can develop over time
- Experience of managing/leading at least 2 test development engineers
- Test-driven Development (desirable)
- Writing functional tests following test architecture strategy and standards (desirable)
- Following CI/CD and DevOps processes (desirable)
Nice to haves…
- Ability to debug Python scripts.
- Ability to read code and occasionally prototype bug fixes in C/C++
- Familiarity with different inter process communication methods and protocol stacks.
- LAN and WAN communications experience – wired and wireless
- Understanding of peripheral communications
- Understanding data sheets and circuit diagrams
- Test automation (Teststand, Labview) experience
- Motivation to become a T-Shaped and then Comb-Shaped Engineer.
- Knowledge of metering functionality and standards (SMETS2, GBCS)
- Working knowledge of electronics including basic concepts of power and energy
Education and Qualifications:
- University degree in Electronic Engineering / Software Engineering, or equivalent experience with ISTQB qualification
SoCode Recruitment are a dedicated team of specialist recruitment consultants who cover the Cambridge Technology market. We have a dedicated consultant for each division, and we cover all aspects of technology, from Software Development and Testing to Senior Appointments and business support roles.