Senior Systems Engineer- Permanent- Cambridge- £55k-£70k
SoCode have partnered with an industry leading IoT company in Cambridge who are looking to further develop their embedded team by hiring a Senior level Systems Engineer who is motivated and capable of understanding and taking responsibility for the full product lifecycle in order to translate technical jargon to clients, leading new product development as well as troubleshooting and maintaining the product.
Successful applicants will most likely have a varied background across the embedded space as well as application level development and architectures. The preferred candidate will have an embedded background in C as well as potentially having experience in Python and Java along with Test knowledge, potentially product management and of course a software engineering/development skill set. Equally, the successful applicant will have experience working within the IoT and Wireless space and will certainly have a passion for smart devices.
- Work with product management and R&D to create product requirements
- Create, maintain and prioritise product backlogs
- Work with the development team to make sure requirements are clarified
- Take technical leadership of IoT infrastructure and become an expert on product tech and architectures
- Take a hands on role in new product development as well as maintenance and troubleshooting
- Strong experience working with TDD
- Experience working in the networking domain TCP/IP etc
- Agile methodology experience
- Able to communicate effectively with business stakeholders and clients a-like
- Strong hands-on background in embedded software (Embedded C)
- Experience with Python and/or Java
If you are an engineer or architect who is interested being hands on whilst playing a key role in new and current product pipeline development, whilst working closely with end clients from around the world, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org