Circa £55,000 salary
We are recruiting a Senior Developer to work with your client’s Advance tech team in Cambridge.
Responsible for dominating the audio sector of their market, they are looking for all round engineers who are clearly passionate about good development and creating new technology.
This is a front end focussed role, however additional experience coding in Python will be beneficial.
Your key tasks include:
- Web service software architecture and design
- Hands-on server development, test, debug, deployment and support.
- Software Specification and documentation
- Working closely with colleagues in product marketing, investigate feasibility and develop concepts and prototypes for new technologies, products and applications.
- Act as a mentor, coach and trainer to less experienced team members, and help develop and promote appropriate processes and best practices within the team.
Qualifications and Skills required include:
- Good honours degree in Computer Science or a related discipline desirable, or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about creating beautiful REST + JSON APIs.
- Python coding experience.
- Experience of working in an Agile development process (e.g. SCRUM).
- Knowledge of tools such as Jenkins, Git, SVN, JIRA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable Skills and experience:
- Additional server-side web technologies such as Redis, Ruby on Rails, SSL, REST, MQTT, HTTP, WebSockets.
- Experience of MySQL database design issues and techniques (data models, queries, indexing, cacheing, mirroring, sharding etc.)
- Good familiarity with cloud deployment technologies, such as Azure and Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of web security threats and solutions.
- Experience in communicating with embedded devices is beneficial.
This is a full time, permanent position paying a salary of circa £55,000 depending on experience.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.