SoCode has partnered with one of the fastest growing mobile communication companies in the world. They currently have a team of over 350 techies in Cambridge and are currently growing on a large scale after winning contracts some recent contracts in the UK and USA. They have recently reached out to us to help expand their team of talent and start work on their next generation of products..
They need a Senior and Principal Android App Developer to join their team who have experience with integrating voice, data, and wireless capabilities. This role will offer a brilliant opportunity to be part of the early product development lifecycle, meaning that you will be a key member of their next big thing.
This main requirement of this role will be to develop Android apps with a focus on UI and Middleware. Due to this being a new team they are looking for local Cambridge talent that can come into the office regularly. This is so that they can coach and mentor the current experienced embedded software engineers for the transition into the new environment of android development.
Your new roles responsibilities will be:
• Develop Android applications offering voice call, data, location, security, and features
• Trialling and integrating open-source development tools for rapid development and developer testing
• Trialling build tool chains, for subsequent integration into Continuous Integration system
• Rapid prototyping of demonstration systems to generate early feedback on proposed solutions
• The production of architectural, design and test specifications
• Integration testing, investigation, and resolution of issues
• Participation in project planning and technical reviews
Essential experience for your next role:
• Good understanding of the Android architecture and ecosystem
• Good understanding of the Android SDK and APIs
• Understanding of the Android security architecture
• Strong Java experience, acquired on commercial Android projects
• Experience of Android Middleware development
• Experience of developing for mobile platforms
• Experience of the full software development life cycle (from requirements through to system test)
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications, debuggers, emulators, configuration management tools (preferably Perforce/GIT) etc.
• Understanding of the Android low level system architecture
• Experience of embedded C++ software development on real time systems
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future and you tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. We will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation upon successfully finding them a new position.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Charles Swift at SoCode by submitting your CV to email@example.com