Senior R&D Software Engineer (C/Python)- Cambridge- Permanent- £55k-£70k
One of SoCode's most exciting clients in Cambridge is seeking a passionate software engineer to help the companies scientists and mechanical engineers to develop new instruments for micro analysis. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who will play a leading role in the development of products from R&D all the way through to launch. You will work alongside the hardware team writing code to control research and produce prototypes as well as collecting and manipulating data.
The preferred candidate will be experienced using C and Python programming languages as well as being comfortable testing.
- Programming experience in Python and C
- Experience writing software that interfaces with hardware
- Data manipulation/presentation
- Software testing experience including writing automated test scripts
- Experience of developing API’s to control bespoke electronic equipment
- Ability to work on your own and organise work tasks to deadlines with little supervision
- Ability to gather requirements from non-technical team members and create technical solutions achieving their goals
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org