SoCode has partnered with a leading hi-tech capital equipment manufacturer, based on the outskirts of Cambridge, in their search for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. This organisation is long established and boasts an engineering team who have trained at some of the world's leading universities. The business has pivoted in the last 18 months to focus on NPD and production improvements. As Senior Manufacturing Engineer you will drive efficiencies in production to ensure robust quality process and on time delivery. A champion of lean manufacturing you will continually review and improve the production line and be a kepy member of the senior team. Ideally you will be seeking to progress to being a member of the senior management team and a robust development plan is in place to nurture your operational and team leadership abilities.
Typical duties include:
- Supporting the Mechanical Development and Production Teams with the management of all builds ensuring all processes, tooling, equipment and facilities are in place to support the assembly phase
- Production and maintenance of SOPs, build records, process routings and production documentation
- The setup of low volume production environments and the development of manufacturing processes to ensure production is conducted safely, on time and on budget whilst ensuring best practice is adhered to
- Supporting the successful implementation and delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for new product introduction
What you bring
- Relevant engineering qualification, ideally a degree in a technical subject
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Drive and ambition to progress your career and abilities
- An agile mindset to overcome production and business challenges
This is critical hire and a full job description is available on application. Do not delay as this role is one of the best available in the local market!