SoCode has partnered with a strong fintech brand within Cambridge, who are looking to add a key hire to the business. They are looking for Senior Linux System Administrator, who has ambitions to mentor and lead a small team in the medium/long term, while staying hands on.
Your new role will be to work with other Systems Engineer and the IT Operations Manager to monitor systems, troubleshoot and complete complex tickets. You will be Triaging tickets within their Jira based service desk and work with teams to deliver sprint commitments. You will need to carry out daily and weekly maintenance and auditing duties to ensure the companies system remains secure, stable, and optimised (which will include the cloud hosted environments, ensuring compliance of PCI-DSS).
To be successful you will need to have:
- Several years of experience in supporting Linux (CentOS 6, 7 and 8)
- Experience of AWS administration (Ideally in EC2, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudFront and Route 53)
- Strong scripting skills in Bash, Python and PowerShell
- Experience in a highly available environment or 3 tier architecture
- Good general technical skills in virtualisation and networking.
We would ideally like you to experience in:
- Log Management solutions such as Splunk
- Microsoft Windows Server skills (Windows Server 2016 onwards).
- Dockers / Kubernetes or another containerisation experience
- Chef / Puppet
- Experience working in an Agile / ITIL environment
- You will be tasked to mentor and support system engineers to ensure SLA’s are met
- You will be an escalation point for live issues, which could on occasion require out of office hours.
- Scoping, planning and managing work for the wider team to ensure delivery within agreed timescales, including sprint planning (Alongside the IT Operations Manager)
- Actively upskills yourself and others
- Salary of up to £45,000, with some flexibility to £50,000 for an ideal fit
- 40-hour workweek
- Private medical insurance
- Company bonus
- 6% employer pension
- Free parking onsite
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk