SoCode has partnered with a global bank who have created a greenfield project team, developing a new type of fintech technology which has had an initial £100 million allocated to spearhead the project forward.
This challenging project truly is innovative and ground-breaking work, creating something which has never been attempted before. No banking experience is required, as we are looking for fresh innovate ideas to make it the best possible solution in the world. If you qualify, do not hesitate to apply, as this will be the most exciting project you will have ever worked on.
We are looking for 25 DevOps Engineers / Software Engineers, who can be full cycle developers, but also able to deploy code onto a cloud native system, using AWS. Ideally you will be a polyglot developer, but a background is Java will be preferable.
Key skills I am looking for:
- Impressive software engineering skills, ideally in several languages but Java will be a preference
- You will need to be passionate about Agile, and working in an agile environment
- You will need experience working in full lifecycle development, so developing POC, working hands on, delivering, and deploying.
- Advanced experience of AWS and its services, or alternatively GCP/Azure
- DevOps experience – working on containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes), infrastructure as code (Terraform / CloudFormation), CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitlabCI, or TravisCI etc) and automation.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate good software engineering principles, using TDD and BDD etc.
- You will need a start-up mentality – although this is one of the biggest banks in the world, this is a greenfield project, separate to any other team. So, you will need an aptitude to learn new technologies when needed
- Reactive programming experience (e.g. RX Java)
- Salary: £60,000 to £120,000 DOE
- Bonus: 20% - 30% DOE
- Pension: 18% employer contribution
- Other benefits worth £10,000+
- 2-3 days remote working, with the other days in their London office
Interviews for this role will be one stages, conducted over Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (14th, 15th and 16th of December) between 8am to 11pm.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk