Senior Data Engineer
£100,000 to £140,000 + Bonus + Package
London / Hybrid Working
SoCode have partnered with a major Global company who are expanding their presence in the UK digital banking sector. They offer innovative banking options, delivered through the latest technologies and are achieving substantial growth.
This is a hands-on data engineer role within a green-field initiative. They leverage the latest technologies and the best industry practices to deliver an end-to-end cutting-edge solution to their clients.
The team is at the heart of this new venture and has the unique opportunity to be apart of building something from the ground up with the funding and resources of a major Global company. A key part of this is focused on developing offerings with the customer at the centre and will require solution oriented, commercially minded and customer-focused engineers, used to working in an agile environment.
- Academic qualification in a computer science or STEM
- 2 years+ of recent hands-on professional experience (actively coding) working as a back-end Software Engineer or Data Engineer
- Extensive experience with using Python or Scala
- Understanding of distributed systems and cloud technologies
- Experience with SQL
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and web technologies
- Understanding of data streaming and messaging frameworks
- Experience in the all stages of software development lifecycle (requirements, design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, release and support)
- Technically curious, self-motivated, versatile and solution oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with a scheduling system
- Understanding of security frameworks / standards
- Understanding of distributed tracing and monitoring
- Experience in automating deployment, releases and testing in continuous integration, continuous delivery pipelines
A successful engineer will have the opportunity to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Their work will have a massive impact, both on the company, and the clients and business partners around the world.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.