SoCode is working again with an excellent company based just outside Cambridge. Due to their recent success utilizing cutting edge hardware solutions and dealing with rapidly expanding customer demand for their enhanced functionality, they are seeking a versatile, energetic, senior software engineer and architect to develop software for their new products. This role will be instrumental in a team that architects, designs and delivers world class products, allowing the right candidate to own and lead a section of the technology and mentor junior staff working on the project.
This position requires someone who possesses excellent software engineering skills, a deep understanding of software in real products and ability to communicate their ideas and thoughts. The role offers an opportunity to take on some leadership responsibilities if desired while being mainly focused on creating the next generation of products. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished senior software engineer, ready to take another step and make a difference, continuously creating and innovating within a world class team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent C/C++ knowledge
- Experience of Video/Audio networking in distributed systems
- Good knowledge of atleast one other high-level language (Java/Golang/Scala/Python etc)
- Good knowledge of IP network technology
- Experience of Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience managing junior staff
- Experience writing code for embedded platforms/systems (Desirable)
- Knowledge of HTTP/REST API client/server implementation (Desirable)
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.