SoCode are proud to be working with a market leader in the field of critical communications. Their focus is on providing high quality products to a demanding, mission critical client base, which includes the police, paramedics, sea rescue, major airports, large mining facilities and utilities or oil and gas plants located in hazardous environments.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join a highly focused and collaborative team of like-minded individuals. The person we are looking for will be enthusiastic, inquisitive and passionate about technology and computer science.
What you will need:
- Familiarity with object-oriented design patterns and programming
- Expertise with at least one modern object orientated programming language and associated tools (e.g. Java, akka, C#)
- Professional experience with .NET framework, modern web design tools (CSS/HTML) and Agile (Scrum)
- Sound working knowledge of concurrency/threading
- Professional experience of REST service design (e.g. Microsoft WebAPI, NancyFX)
- A working knowledge of database design and SQL
The successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £70,000 plus benefits – including flexible working hours. You will have the opportunity to work on technology which you can physically see being used in life and death scenarios, for some of our countries most relied upon and necessary public services. The work you do on a day-to-day basis, has genuine impact on those around you.
If this sounds like a role you or someone you know may be interested in, please get in touch!