Due to continued success, SoCode are working with our client to source a team of GPU Engineers / Software Engineers with significant expertise in GPU drivers. As part of this recruitment drive, we are looking for PhD graduates to join and be mentored in to more senior roles.
This role will see you joining a next generation technology R&D team, working on delivering high performance software engineering to the mobile devices sector. The successful candidates will be part of shaping the technology of the future, and will see your work used by millions of people worldwide.
Upon joining, you will be working alongside a mentor, learning more about the technology space, and how to apply your knowledge. This should last for a period of about 6 months, at which point you will be able to join the team as a fully fledged engineer.
As this is a PhD graduate role, significant training will be provided, but we do of course need to see significant evidence of expertise in GPU drivers.
Fantastic salaries available, cutting edge technology, and the opportunity to see your developments powering technology the world over.
Requirements for Application:
- PhD in GPU Driver related discipline
- GPU Driver Engineering
- 2D experience is okay, but 3D is preferable
- Understanding of the full rendering pipeline
- Understanding of at least one of the latest graphics API's - Vulkan / OpenGL, OpenCL, OpenGLES etc
- Open standards for low level graphics drivers (Apple METAL, Direct X etc)
- High level power/performance modelling
- It would also be beneficial if you can provide publications in respected journals
Note on Location: Whilst we are looking in Cambridge ideally, we can also consider applicants for a variety of other locations in the UK. We have spaces in London, as well as others, so please do contact if you are interested.