Oracle and SQL Database Administrator
My client is currently looking for an Oracle and SQL Database Administrator with an internationally recognised company at the forefront of scientific and technological research based in Cambridge. The ideal candidate will be an expert in Oracle but also have commercial experienced in MS SQL. Secondly, your main responsibility will be implementing and maintaining their business-critical database infrastructure and ensuring its operating to its maximum potential. If you’re an individual who thrives working in a professional and face paced environment, please apply below.
- Managing uptime and stability of the production and development database infrastructure (Oracle and MS SQL)
- Experience of running Oracle/ SQL on premise and in the Cloud, particularly EC2 and RDS.
- Skills with SQL database configuration and T-SQL/ PL-SQL
- Knowledge of Oracle ancillary tools e.g. ODI
- Manage all monitoring and alerting of the database infrastructure.
- Practice root cause resolutions
- Provide 2nd + 3rd line application support for all applications from a database perspective
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Always looking for ways to improve database optimisation
- Having a strong working relationship with the engineering and DevOps teams
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact email@example.com