SoCode has partnered with one of the largest technology companies in the world. They are looking for exceptional applied researchers to join their renowned R+D team based in London.
With an estimated spend on R+D of over £10billion over the course of the year. This is a new position working alongside some of the brightest minds in the world, applying reinforcement learning to real world problems such as autonomous cars and 5g networks.
You will be given the opportunity to conduct research into various fields, namely, safe and robust reinforcement learning, deep reinforcement learning, multi-agent reinforcement learning, and model-based reinforcement learning.
This opportunity will have you:
Conducting high impact research in the field of reinforcement learning, probabilistic modelling or risk- adverse learning.
Writing research level code that is capable of testing novel ideas and advanced approaches.
Effectively communicating research findings to the team and wider community through conference and journal publications.
- PhD in Computer Science/ related field
- Good research background demonstrated through conference and journey submissions in any of the following: NeurIPS, ICML, AISTATS, AAAI, JMLR, UAI, IJCAI, Annals of Probability and Annals of Statistics.
- Hands-on Experience in implementing probabilistic modelling, reinforcement learning and/or multi-agent algorithms
- Knowledge of Python, specifically PyTorch/ TensorFlow in addition to OpenAI Gym, GPFlow, Pyro, as well as others.
- Ability to work in a diverse multidisciplinary team of researchers and engineers with a variety of backgrounds.
What they offer:
- Competitive Personal pension scheme and life cover
- Private medical insurance and a cash plan
- 25 days annual leave per annum, plus 8 public holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Sports club and rewards scheme
- Flexible working
SoCode offer a fantastic referral fee, if you know anyone who would be interested in this position or wish to apply yourself, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below.