Linux Systems Administrator
Salary: 40k – 50K
My client is looking for a driven Linux Systems Administrator with a minimum of 2 years commercial Linux experience. The role is with the global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of digital radio products, systems and applications developed specifically for business and mission critical communications. The role will involve working part of the infrastructure support team. Benefits include modern offices, 37-hour weeks and flexible working.
- Ensuring requests are logged via the service desk
- Troubleshoot issues related to the LINUX infrastructure, WIFI, LAN and firewalls
- Report on the health of the IT services
- Effectively support and communicate plans of action and resolutions of issues
- Previous experience in an IT networking role
- Strong knowledge of Cisco
- Experience in technical admin roles covering hardware and software
- Strong understanding of LINUX including (NIS, DHCP, DNS, Email, X windows)
- Network design and implementation (LAN & WAN)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Administration of Cisco IP Telephony
- Management of CheckPoint firewall technologies
- Supporting NetApp storage (NAS/ SAN)
- Backup solutions
- Practical experience of VMware
- Wireless infrastructure ideally Aruba
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact firstname.lastname@example.org