Junior Tester – Colchester - £20,000
Our client, who are based in Colchester are seeking a Junior Tester to join their Colchester office.
Our client is a well-established and continuously growing marketing company that are on the forefront of marketing along with digital and online games. For the last 26 years our client has been delivering promotions and partnerships that build meaningful and lasting connections between customers and companies, helping influence brand preference, activate purchases and generate consumer loyalty. They have achieved this through three core services: Promotional marketing, Digital & Online gaming and Marketing services.
They are looking for a Junior Tester to join their Colchester office to help with testing of their wide range of Digital & Online games, you will be working closely alongside the developers to help ensure that the individual features of games are delivered to a high standard and fulfil the requirements which are set by the developers. There is a lot of flexibility in this role and you will be testing different products regularly so each week will be different from the last.
Their office is a short walk from the train station (2 miles from the city centre).
Your main duties will be:
- Producing functional test scripts – you will be writing manual test cases for a feature on their fantasy games and then execute them, recording the results.
- Load testing – previous experience in load testing is not a requirement but there will be opportunities to learn new skills in this area.
- Understand functional requirements – you will be expected to work closely with the product owner on understanding new features.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Good knowledge of web and database technologies.
- Experience of Jira, Putty, Burp and TestRail.
- Ability to identify and write manual functional tests.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Willingness to learn new skills and can follow direction.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking or a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. if we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.