Junior Statistician (Data Scientist) – (Python, Probabilistic Techniques) – upto £40K depending on experience.
All potential candidates should read through the following details of this job with care before making an application.
Location: Cambridge, flexible working in terms of days spent in or away from the office.
Are you a Junior Data Scientist or recent graduate looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to be part of a team that will help advance your own skills and repertoire? Or do you want to contribute to a ground-breaking product that is bringing advertisement into the 21st century?
One of our clients are offering an outstanding opportunity to work in a dynamic setting in addition to using cutting-edge innovative tools that will enable you to expand your repertoire. This is a chance to join an already well-developed R&D firm at a pivotal point in their growth and an opportunity to work on a commercially viable, research led product.
My client is seeking talented Junior Statisticians/Data Scientists, to join their growing R+D team and be involved in a state-of-the-art project that is already being used by some of the world’s biggest brands.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, data modelling and software architecture
- Solid understanding of both Bayesian and Frequentist statistics
- Ability to write and review robust Python code or demonstrable ability with statically typed languages such as C#/C++/Swift
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks as applied to probabilistic modelling such as Tensorflow-Probability (preferred), PyTorch-Pyro, MXNet or PyMC3
- Working knowledge of variational inference and/or spectral normalized gaussian processes (SNGP) as applied to neural networks considered a plus
- Exceptional collaborative working skills and ability to raise and respond to appropriate questions within larger organisation
- BSc in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or similar field
If you are interested in applying for this role please email Matt@SoCode.co.uk
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have friends, family or colleagues looking for a new position soon tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.