IT Support Engineer (Level 2) - Cambridge
SoCode is partnered with a multinational information technology company which provides excellent software solutions across a number of industries. They are looking for an experienced Support engineer in Cambridge although some national and international travel may be required for this position.
- Management of escalated Helpdesk support incidents within agreed SLAs through to completion,
- Provide service and support of the companies entire IT infrastructure in order to maintain optimum availability and communication,
- Help to review and improve the companies policies and procedures,
- Provide userbase training for skill transfer in IT service teams to improve first time fix rate,
- Maintain customer relationship to ensure understanding of their needs,
- Completion of projects vital to company’s IT infrastructure within the timescales and budgets.
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of Level 1 and up level 2 support and able to provide high level customer care and service,
- Strong IT and specialising desktop support knowledge,
- Advise and adopt new technologies,
- Demonstrate advance troubleshooting and configuration of c Windows Server & Desktop operating systems and Utilities, Office 365 & MS Back Office applications, Business Applications, Database, Anti-Virus and Backup.
Will need a good understanding of …..
- Server hardware, Network Appliance, Cisco Switches/Routers, Brocade, desktop/laptop/tablet hardware.
- LAN/WAN/SAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, Switching, VPN, Firewall - Checkpoint, Wireless, Fibre Channel/iSCSI, VOIP.
- Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, Hyper-V/VMWare vCenter/Other virtualisation Technologies, MDT, MS System Centre.
- Application Packaging, VB Script/Windows Scripting/PowerShell, Unified Communications, Skype for Business / MS Teams, Database Operations (SQL Server/Oracle).