Infrastructure Support Engineer
Location - Cambridge
Salary - £40,000 to £55,000 dependant on experience
SoCode is proud to be working with a security company that provides cyber solutions, products and services.
They are looking for a candidate that can provide 3rd line level of support that can work individually and as part of a team, have an excellent working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Wintel, Virtualization and Storage technologies, in an ITIL environment. As well as Support, manage and maintain core server and infrastructure systems and services.
- Report on overall IT health and performance
- Manage 3rd line incidents and service requests to required SLA
- Ensure that infrastructure services are available within the defined SLA
- Participate in Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management processes
- Ensuring the infrastructure has capacity to meet the current and planned future needs
- Liaise with external and internal suppliers for maintenance and repair of infrastructure services
- Responsible for providing guidance and advise within areas of technical specialism (i.e. Exchange, Wintel, Storage AD,)
- Contribute to creation and documentation of best practices and processes for the IT team and for the business
- Contribute to the technical roadmap of IT infrastructure
- 3 or more years in a customer facing senior support role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003-2012, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Storage Technologies (NetApp)
- Advanced knowledge of Virtualization technologies, especially VMware / Hyper-V
- Working knowledge of SCCM
- Advanced Technical knowledge of Microsoft and OS technologies and best practices for the delivery and management of the same.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Disaster Recovery
- Cisco Networking (Routers, Switching and Firewalls)
- Linux/Unix Support
Please apply today to Ross Haydon (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 620870) to discuss the role and client in more detail
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us.