SoCode has partnered with the fastest growing challenger bank in the world. They have just reached 1.1million current accounts, less than 2 years after the launch of the company and are expanding their reach further every day. They operate within several countries globally and have a team of 100 people within their head office. They have recently opened a Cambridge office, and are looking to expand this office significantly in 2020.
They’re in need of a Head of DevOps and a GCP DevOps Engineer but are only looking for the highest calibre of candidates to join their team. They’re willing to consider contractors, or permanent employees to fulfil the requirements.
Due to this Cambridge office being their ‘Thinktank’ office and the academic nature of the team, they’re ideally looking for candidates with a strong academic background (ideally a Russell Group university).
They’re currently breaking down their monolith application into Microservices and moving this to Google Cloud. They’re also utilising containerisation, and due to this they’re looking for individuals with experience using Kubernetes/docker.
Your new role will be to:
- Validate new deployment artefacts and configure them correctly for public deployment.
- You will oversee customer-facing and backend deployments of software and resolve or report operational issues, while interacting with the development teams throughout to improve functionality and performance.
- You will need to be able to build and support automation tools for fault-finding, testing, and deployment, as well as perform capacity planning and load testing.
- Security will also be an area you will work on, so you may need to build or maintain security systems
To be successful you will need to be:
- Familiar with infrastructure as code and deployment automation tools.
- It would be desirable to have a good understanding of cloud computing and testing concepts, with a fluency in software programming in languages such as Java and Python.
- You will need a good working knowledge of the concepts behind infrastructure, deployment and testing, of the git revision control system, and of how to build and run large distributed systems at scale.
- Experience in a cloud first or cloud migration project, preferably within GCP.
- Experience of setting up containers, ideally using Docker/Kubernetes
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk