Job title: FPGA Design Engineer
Location: Greater Cambridge
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with a leading automotive transport technology company based in Greater Cambridge. The company was established over 50 years ago, and provides expertise to major automotive manufacturers, as well as providing innovative electrification solutions and leading the field in terms of smart traffic and connected devices.
They are seeking an experienced digital design engineer to join their Cambridge based team. You will be part of a cross-continental team of engineers working on the next-generation electrification of high-performance cars and IOT smart traffic devices.
What will I be doing?
- Development of FPGAs (using VHDL) for use in automotive and IOT products
- Test Bench Development for FPGAs
- Verification and validation of FPGA designs
- Work as part of a wider, multidisciplinary team and provide subject matter expertise and guidance to tother members of the team
What skills do I need?
- Experience in VHDL to design real-time digital signal processing systems
- Digital Electronics Design Experience
- Develop and carry out hardware and firmware tests
- Perform system verification and validation to ensure efficiency, reliability and compatibility.
- Experience of developing larger Altera or Xilinx FPGAs
- Working knowledge of the following engineering tools; Synplify, QuestaSim, Quartus II Or Xilinx ISE/EDK.
- Understanding of the ‘V’ model environments