Embedded Software Engineer (C++) | Cambridge
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer (C++)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable + Benefits (depending on experience/level of seniority)
Ready for that next technical challenge? Maybe something a little out of your comfort zone?
We at SoCode Recruitment have once again paired with a long-standing client who are the leading developer and supplier of application software, drive electronics and system components in their sector. With a customer base exceeding over 140 businesses from small technical independents to blue chip household names. These customers tend to buy their services and product to tackle what is beyond their own ability and operation.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow technically amongst an ambitious multi-disciplinary (Mechanical, Software, Hardware) team of engineers!
- Strong degree level of qualifications
- Commercial experience of a modern C++
- Embedded Linux / Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge of either CMake / MS Visual Studio / Eclipse toolchains
- Appreciation of coding styles and high level object orientated design
- Hardware understanding or appreciation (I.e – ARM, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet, SoC etc.)
- Scripting languages (Python, Shell etc.)
- Self-Motivated and Enthusiastic
- Basic network programming (TCP/IP, sockets, Ethernet)
- Experience of code optimisation
- FPGA familiarity
- Linux services and packaging
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to Thomas@socode.co.uk
We are looking for UK-based candidates (we cannot sponsor visa's on this one), reach out to me to discuss further.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring the provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.