We are looking to recruit an experience and mechanically minded Electronic Design Engineer for our client based in North Cambridge.
This role provides the opportunity to join a technically leading organisation who are the creators of a product ensuring human safety and stability is monitored, in even the most difficult situations.
As an Electronic Design Engineer you will be responsible for working on key projects, working closely with members of the hardware, software and firmware teams
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for both electronic and mechanical design of electronic devices
- Generate schematics and arrange peer reviews
- Work with PCB Layout engineers to ensure PCB design requirements are achieved
- Create relevant documentation for designs (e.g. design briefs, commissioning specs, BOMs, etc.)
- Work with project managers to estimate timescales and risks
- Responsible for designing and implementing factory test fixtures and procedures
- Share in knowledge dissemination, reporting, and communications
- Solicit input from other team members on technical issues
- Make a positive contribution to the team, supporting colleagues in their day-to-day work
- Reinforce team approach throughout development activities
As a minimum candidates will need to hold:
- Good Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering
- Must have created microprocessor designs
- Must have had previous responsibility for delivering, to schedule, working electronic designs
- Must be able to create mechanical drawings for looms and mechanical fixtures
- Experience of working within a small development team
- Experience with scripting languages and embedded software
- Good understanding of analogue and digital circuits
- Experience of PCB manufacturing and assembly processes
- Experienced in using and where necessary designing test instrumentation (scopes, spectrum analysers etc)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Plus, company benefits which include: Share options, 2x Life Cover, Private Medical cover, 5% pension, Health and dental insurance.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.