SoCode has partnered with a global content management software company who are looking for a DevOps / IT Manager to join their UK team.
This is an opportunity to manage a team of 7, which will likely grow to a team of 11 by the end of 2021. This company is working with Tier 1 entertainment businesses and is especially dominant in global video apps. They have cutting edge bespoke technology, which has been built from the ground up by the company, utilising 300 internal Linux servers and AWS.
You will be an articulate self-motivated Senior candidate, who is from a strong Generalist System Administration background, who has moved into a hands-on DevOps role.
You will need experience of the following technologies:
- CI/CD – GitLab CI
- Bash scripting
- Linux Server Administration
- Linux Kernel knowledge
- Comes from a Python / C++ software house
- Bare metal IO Linux
Personal skills: You will need to be a self-starter, who is driven to succeed and have the technical problem-solving capacity to troubleshoot complex problems within bespoke systems quickly. You will be able to bring fresh ideas, and after a full evaluation of the tech stack, infrastructure and environment make informed recommendations, especially on things on containerisation and tech stack development.
- Salary - £70,000 to £90,000
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- On call - £75 per call out (not late nights, but some weekend work)
- 6% matched pension contribution
- £1000 hardware allowance for laptop
- Monthly allowance for mobile phone
- The role can be remote, but will need to be commutable to the Cambourne, UK office
- 1st stage: 15-minute telephone call
- 2nd stage: 90-minute video interview
- 3rd interview: Final interview with CEO
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk