SoCode has partnered with a fast growing not for profit business with an innovative vision for the scientific community. This is a small, brilliant team who are passionate about quality processes and can make a significant impact to the coordination, development and adoptions of their software systems.
They’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to maintain and improve their infrastructure. Their environment is focussed on Kubernetes, to build and test open source products for their existing production systems. They have a hybrid cloud environment, using AWS and GCP, but no cloud experience is necessary if you come from a good DevOps practices background.
Their current tech stack is below; however, you will be able to influence adoption of new technologies if successful:
- Infrastructure is defined in code and automated using Terraform and Helm.
- Portable, open server technology (Vagrant, Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Nginx).
- Open languages and frameworks (Node.js, Express, React, Redux, Webpack, SASS, Python).
- Open-source continuous integration and testing (Selenium, Jenkins, Jest, Pytest).
- Relational and document databases (Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Monitoring, logging and metrics (New Relic and Loggly).
- Messaging (SQS, RabbitMQ)
The benefits package:
- This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week, with upto two days remote working per week.
- The chance to join a passionate and motivated team
- A great environment for your personal and professional development
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- An open, communicative and inspiring working environment
- A newly refurbished and employee designed modern office near the centre of Cambridge
- Covered cycle parking, shower facilities, informal working or relaxation areas, free fresh fruit, a fancy coffee machine and snacks in the kitchen
- A sociable and friendly team with interesting social events
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Company pension scheme
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk