SoCode has partnered with a global consultancy providing expertise to some of the biggest and most exclusive projects the technical world has to offer. They’re powered by their technical teams, who are the reason their clients can make game-changing leaps in technologies to solve difficult and complex problems.
Our client is looking for a Talented DevOps Engineer, from either a System Administration or a Software Engineering background who is enthusiastic about the DevOps methodology and can influence their software teams and projects to be more efficient.
As part of the DevOps team, you will be collaborating with different engineering teams to build, deploy and maintain the engineering tools and infrastructure for their in house developed systems, as well as for Git, SVN, and Jira.
Your responsibilities would be to:
- Build, deploy, maintain and ensure the operational availability of engineering tools and infrastructure
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Troubleshoot issues with applications and services
- Ensure engineering infrastructure and tools are patched and monitored
It is not essential but desired to have experience within:
- Experience of supporting Linux-based platforms and VMWare
- Competency in networking and a scripting language
- Willingness to learn new tech skills as required (we will train and support you!)
- An appreciation of IT Security and Cyber Security best practices
In return you will receive:
- A salary between £40,000 to £60,000 depending on experience – which is reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance plan
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Disability insurance plan
- Free canteen - breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and one days remote working per week
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk