Data Engineer - Analytics Platform - Gloabal Science Team - Upto £65K - Cambridge - Opportunity to learn and implement ML
SoCode are representing an established client that are looking for a Data Engineer to join their rapidly growing team. In this role you will work alongside the engineering team, and be responsible for the support and ongoing development of their data pipeline, transformation, and storage toolsets.
This role also involves the opportunity to grow and learn the skills of a Machine Learning Engineer, supporting our actuarial team in the development of both ML and low-level models to extract industry-leading insights from Big Data.
The ideal candidate will first-and-foremost be experienced in Python development, and will have experience working with structured and semi-unstructured data, their various forms and the languages & technologies that support them.
Experience & Qualifications
- Python development
- Working with relational SQL databases (e.g. Azure SQL, Snowflake, Postgres), and query writing.
- Building, supporting & optimizing data pipelines
- Working with & building RESTful APIs
- Working with semi-unstructured data (e.g. JSON, XML)
- Azure/AWS cloud storage architectures (e.g. S3, Blob Storage)
- Working with Serverless Functions (e.g. AWS Lambda functions, Azure Functions)
The current projects are completely greenfield and you will have a lot of ownership and autonomy over the data engineering function, this company has a fantastic culture and is providing a competitive package.
SoCode is representing this company on an exclusive basis and all relevant candidates will be contacted. We are a trusted technical recruitment agency covering Cambridge and London and all applications are completely confidential.
Please apply on this page or email email@example.com.