SoCode are pleased to be recruiting world class engineers for an exciting Challenger Bank. Our client is pioneering the way using advanced technologies to deliver a fresh banking choice in the UK via a state-of-the-art mobile app.
The team is integral to the project, concentrating on developing offerings where the customer is at the centre. If you are commercially minded, adept at working in an agile environment and solution orientated, this may be the opportunity for you.
Culture is extremely important within the company. We are seeking individuals who are passionate and who desire to expand on their skill set. As a green-field initiative, your work will have an extreme impact on the business globally.
- Qualification in computer science or STEM or foreign equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as a data engineer or back-end software engineer
- Extensive experience using Python
- Understanding of distributed systems and cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP etc.)
- Experience with SQL
- Understanding of RESTful APIs & web technologies
- Experience with containers and container based deployment (Kubernetes, Docker etc.)
- Understanding of caching concepts, data structures and CAP theorem
- Experience in all stages of software lifecycle
- Spark framework and it’s deployment understanding
- Understanding data stream and messaging frameworks (Spark Structured Streaming, Kafka, Flink etc.)
- Understanding of security frameworks
- Experience with a scheduling system (Azkaban, Airflow etc.)
- Understanding of distributed tracing and monitoring (OpenTracing, ELK stac, Zipkin, Promethus, Micrometer metrics etc.)
If you believe this role is for you or someone you know, please contact Jemma@socode.co.uk