Data Engineer- Cambridge- Permanent- £30k-£35k
My industry leading client based in Cambridge are looking to add to their engineering team by taking on another Data Engineer. The successful applicant will work with R&D/QA teams to understand data requirements and gain insight into their current stream of data alongside being responsible for processing, storing and analysing the data via their bespoke data platform.
- Work with other members of the data team to gain insights into our current data
- Work with the R&D and QA teams to understand data requirements to support new sound profile development and evaluation
- Help with research into sounds and environments to ensure our data sets are representative of consumer usage
- Plan and execute data collection campaigns. Examples of where these may be based include our bespoke sound laboratory, out-and-about and in volunteers’ homes
- Work with our network of data collection volunteers and data labellers
- Perform data processing and upload for secure storage in our data platform
- Develop tooling to assist in the processing of data.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Able to understand complex problems and to solve them independently
- Able to deal confidently with a variety of people at all levels
It is worth noting that any applicant doesn't have to currently be a Data Engineer, although they do need to have Python/Bash experience as well as technical analysis skills.
If you have the correct skills and an enthusiasm for this sort of position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org