SoCode are seeking a contract Software Release Engineer to work in the fast and efficient delivery of our client’s software builds, working with Developers to Testers. You will need maintain a high degree of maintenance of the automated build, test and delivery tool chain. It also involves continuous improvement to the delivery process and tools.
This contract is initially for 3 months and paying between £300 to £400 per day. There is some flexibility for candidates with the added desirable skills of: Jenkins, build and release process, test tool system construction and strong scripting skills, but we are ideally looking for a mid-level candidate. We expect successful applicants to come from a release management background.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Make regular software deliveries to the test team
- Create, maintain and improve the release tools using your knowledge of Computing and your programming/scripting skills
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of the automated tool chain
- Provide training and continuous integration tools account maintenance for Software Developers.
To be successful you be need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of expertise in a scientific or engineering subject.
- Demonstrable professional experience (2 years or more) delivering software using an automated tool chain
- Several years working with Windows and Linux machines.
- Some experience working with a number of these tools, or equivalents: Perforce/Git, TeamCity/Jenkin, Klocwork/Coverity, Artifactory, etc
- Some experience and knowledge of any industry recognised test automation tools e.g. Cucumber, Selenium, TestComplete, etc
- Some experience as a System Test Developer
It would be desirable if you had:
- Deep understanding of Software Applications, Build, Analysis and Test Tool Systems construction
- Practical understanding of the Software development process
- Able to script in some of these languages: Bash, Command shell/PowerShell, Perl, Python
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Test results analysis and reporting using various reporting tools or scripts.
- Able to source, assemble/build and commission an automated build, test and delivery equipment