Our client are a leader in data science, machine learning and algorithm engineering with the scientific fields. Due to increased requirements, there is a requirement for a highly skilled Python Developer / Python Engineer to come in and work on the application, and add a number of features.
The application draws data in from scientific instrumentation, stores it in Postgres, and then allows the data scientists, algorithm engineers and machine learning engineers access and functionality to allow them to be as effective as possible.
As such, we are looking for a top quality Python Developer / Python Engineer, who also has good experience with databases. You will be using Postgres, but experience of other databases is fine.
This is a fantastic team, in a great office location in Cambridge, where you would be assisting in real cutting edge research that will change the lives of people all over the world.
We are looking for an immediate start, although short notice periods can be accomodated for the right candidate. Rate has not been advertised as it is a very wide band that will depend on the expertise of the candidate. We are very happy to pay competitive market rates though.
- Python 3
- Database experience (preferably Postgres, but others are fine)
- Experience using modern best practices (Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, Test Drive Development etc)
- Comfortable with software engineering principles, such as distributed computing, software design patterns, and object-oriented design,
- Happy in a fast moving culture that embraces fast iteration
- Experience with a variety of open source tools and libraries
We have a very competitive referral package, so if you know anyone that may be interested please do put us in touch.
This is an initial 3 month contract, but we are expecting extensions.