Socode are working with a leading semiconductor and software company to join a team that boasts some of the best C++ Software Engineers in the market. This really is a grade A client who both require the best C++ engineers in the market, and are able to offer a benefits package in line with that expectation. Our client are best described, not at the forefront of technology, but well ahead of it, creating new possibilities for the future while the rest of the market catches up.
We are looking for C++ engineers at all stages of their career, from junior through to principle. Of key importance is the requirement for all applicants to be talented and tenacious problem solvers who can really dig in to what's going on inside a machine, and find a way to get the absolute most out of it.
We want people with the capability to push hardware to it's limits, and beyond. You will be looking at code optimising, finding bottlenecks and creating ways to battle against them, creating code that is able to adjust what it is doing depending on ever changing resource availability, from CPU power to bandwidth availbility.
It's a fantastic fast paced Agile working environment, with a collaborative approach where all engineers pull together and are able to contribute with design ideas, knowledge sharing, analysis and definition of features, encouragement of best practises and more. There are tech leads, junior engineers and principle engineers by title, but in practise everyone is treated well, and listened to as a peer from the most junior to the highest principle engineer.
We are looking for multiple engineers, to fill roles in multiple teams, and as such we can take applications from quite a variety of applicants. As such if you would like to simply find out more, please feel free to send in an application.
The barrier to entry is high, but the rewards are there too, so these roles will suit the very best engineers. Benefits include:
- Modern purpose built office space in a great location
- Very competitive salary depending on experience
- Pension (non-contributory)
- Annual bonus
- Share options for all employers
- Free food and drink, coffee, tea
- Flat company structure with the opportunity to have your say, in a fast paced agile environment
Necessary skills for application:
- Excellent C++ engineering skills
- Low Level C++ engineering (not embedded, although we do have vacancies for embedded engineers too)
- Strong software engineering skills, including code optimisation
- Understanding and engineering solutions to bottlenecks
It would also be beneficial to have an understanding of some of the below (it probably isn’t possible to understand all of it!).
- Graphics experience – compression, decompression etc
- Cryptography / Encryption / decryption
- SoC / System on Chip
- Modern Windows platforms, including the new ways Windows processes graphics
- Multiplatform experience, Windows, MAC, Android, Unix, IOS, Linux, Chromebook, mobile etc etc
- Connectivity, WiFi, IEEE 802.11, Wireless, Blutooth, USB, Ethernet, HDMI, DisplayPort
- Virtual Reality / VR
- RTOS / Real Time Operating System
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Sheridan Halls, or apply here and we will get in contact.
We pride ourselves on our referral scheme, and as such if you know of anyone else who would be interested by this role, let them know and we will happily give you a referral bonus on successful placement.