Big Data Engineers of all levels - Java or Python
£70,000 - £130,000 - Should your current package sit outside this bracket then please still apply or get in contact with your expectations as for the right candidate this client will exceed current packages
£10,000 - £30,000 bonus potential
London – flexible working available
Do you want to be a part of a career defining project? Do you have a keen interest in big data solutions? Are you looking for a role with extensive progression opportunities?
Our client, a Global Leader within the Fintech space is looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to join a project which will change the face of their business. For the right person this will give the opportunity to work for a Company who support key corporations and institutions globally. Despite this impressive legacy this particular project will be involved in building a brand new initiative from the ground up, giving all the benefits of working for a start up with none of the risk.
In order to thrive in this role you need to be ambitious and commercially aware with a constant desire to improve. If successful, this role will see you working with some of the most talented and skilled people in the business and offers the chance to make a real impact, and help design and build a new data solution for one of the top 5 banks globally
If you have an interest in building highly scalable platforms capable of processing large amounts of data and want to be involved in a Greenfield project then this is genuinely one of the best opportunities around,
- Recent and relevant experience working as a back-end software engineer or data engineer within an Agile environment
- Highly competent using a JVM language (preferably Java 8+) - extensive Python experience is also considered
- Experience of cloud technologies and distributed systems particularly AWS
- Knowledge of distributed and non distributed data structures and caching concepts
- Experience using high volume messaging and data streaming frameworks
- Strong SQL skills - any dialect
- Competent with containers and container based deployment environment
- Experience using Spark and its deployment
- Previous experience working with scheduling systems, distributed tracing, automated deployment and security frameworks would be advantageous
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme, if you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.