BI Developer- Cambridge- Permanent- £35k-£45k
My client, a leader in the communications industry, are looking to add to their data team by taking on a BI Developer to help the business make the most out of their data. The position will have wider influence on company strategy and technical decision making in the business supporting all BI activiy.
The role will require the successful applicant to work closely with business clients at all levels to identify, collect and optimise data for easy and efficient reporting/analysis. These tasks require translating requirements into documents and conceptual designs through to data warehouse where the BI applications and solutions can then be further developed.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for maintaining existing reports and data models to maximise utility of data with hands on lifecyle delivery of reports, dashboards and data feeds.
There is also the opportunity to take on DBA tasks including environment monitoring, backups, SQL installations and upgrades.
- Experience with SSAS cubes/powerBI
- Strong T-SQL skills
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems
- Confident with stored procedures and complex datasheets from transactional sources
- Comfortable using MDX functions
- Experience with visualisation layers (Excel/SSRS/PowerBI)
- Understanding of data flows, shaping and validation using SSIS/ETL tools
- Strong analytical skills – ability to investigate issues and trace back to source data
- Able to build an accurate understanding of sometimes, complex data
- Confidently participate and deliver workshops and demo’s to end users
- Good understanding of DW modelling terminology and techniques/best practice
- Knowledge of Financial & Operational systems
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX and SalesForce schemas & APIs
- SSAS Tabular & DAX functions
It is also important to have excellent communications skills, both written and spoken as well as being able to work strongly as an individual or in a team.
If you are interested in the position or would simply like to learn more, please send your cv to email@example.com