SoCode has partnered with a globally successful software company based in Cambridge, who’re looking to develop a team of Windows Azure DevOps Engineers. Due to the size of the company and ongoing projects we have several vacancies at all levels available, but we are ideally looking for Seniors and Principal Engineers. The roles will be paying between £55,000 to £85,000 per year.
The company is funding one of the largest cloud integrations and migrations within the East of England and due to this, they’re looking for individuals which can assist with the modernisation and improvement of their CI/CD pipelines and Azure DevOps.
You will be required to build new infrastructure in Jenkins, Azure DevOps and automate everything suitable. You will ideally have a core skillset within related technologies to continuous integration, continuous delivery, Build, Packaging and related tools in a Windows Environment. This role is only suitable to DevOps Engineers from a Software Engineering background.
Your new role will require you to:
- Work on the development and adoption of automated software delivery, alongside the related tools and functions:
- You will need to help with contributions to the version-controlled build/deploy scripts as part of Ci/CD pipeline, ensuring the highest standard in review, unit testing and documentation.
- You will need to investigate and propose various improvements to managing deployments, speeding up build/deployment times
- You will be involved in the Scrum planning, backlog maintenance, stand ups, spring reviews and working with the other team members such as Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
To be successful it will be expected that you have the knowledge, skills and experience in the following:
- Ideally 3 years or more experience within Software Development in a Microsoft Windows development environment
- Experience of source control technologies such as Git, Clearcase, TFS and other branching models
- You will need to have experience within Continuous integration / Continuous delivery technologies (Ci/CD) such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps, and CircleCi etc.
- Azure Cloud experience and working with the package management of Azure DevOps.
- Strong scripting experience in PowerShell, Batch scripting, or C# (.NET Framework/core)
- Building tools and compilers
It would be desirable if:
- You had experience working with agile methodologies such as scrum, in an agile environment.
- A degree within Computer Science, engineering, or another numerate subject.
- Containerisation experience with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes/container service.
- Experience integrating static analysis and code quality tools such as Sonarqube, Checkmarx, or Whitesource
- A bonus up to 10%
- 28 days annual leave + Bank Holiday
- Pension – up to 9% employer contribution
- Life insurance
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
- Medical / Dental cover
- A very substantial cash benefits package, where you can pick and choose the benefits which matter most to you (A huge array of benefits, including child care)
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk