SoCode has partnered with a fast-growing machine learning start up with considerable funding to redesign the way people use a Global trillion-pound industry. They are a US based business, who have just opened their doors in Cambridge and have already attracted some of the top talent Cambridge has to offer.
They are now looking for System Administrator within DevOps who can help build their platform, host it in AWS and run a DevOps methodology and related technologies for the business. The candidates must come from a software engineering background to be successful.
We are looking for Linux System Administrators who have experience with AWS, creating CI/CD pipelines (Using Jenkins, Teamcity, Circle CI, Github CI etc), Containerisation (Such as Docker or Kubernetes) and infrastructure as code (such as Terraform or CloudFormation).
What we are ideally looking for in your application:
- You will have strong scripting skills in Python, Bash or Powershell.
- Due to a heavy cloud focus, you need experience in cloud, preferably AWS but Azure or GCP is acceptable.
- You will need to have strong database knowledge, having used technologies like SQL, NoSQL, Graph, JSON and XML etc. This will include administering databases, how you have continually improved or successful managed databased to meet changing demands.
- Expertise on the best practices in delivery of secure, scalable and cost optimized solutions within a cloud environment.
Your job responsibilities:
You will be building the architecture and operate the data platform for the ground up, which will include implementation of the latest technologies such as infrastructure as code. You will be involved in all stages of design, the development and implementation of databased objects, such as the procedures and process to support business objectives. You will also be required to enhance databases through scalability and performance efficiency.
You will be working directly with the machine learning, and development teams, so you will need to be able to build a strong relationship with analytics, applied science as well as the programmers to be able to influence methodology and technology adoption.
This role will provide a unique opportunity to have ownership over your work, be hands on at all stages of the projects and keep everyday interesting with new problem solving, implementation, testing and monitoring.
- Salary up to £60,000
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank holidays
- WFH Tuesday and Thursday
- Flexible working hours – core hours are 10am to 4pm
- Contributory pension contribution
- Company bonus – minimum of 10%
- Equity / shares in the business vested over 4 years
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk