SoCode has partnered with a software company creating innovative technology to create environments with efficient, organised and fun working practises, for employees working in the office or remote. The company is publicly listed and has one of the most envious working environments in Cambridge. Their brand-new office is based in south Cambridge, which includes large amounts of working flexibility and significant opportunities for remote working with this role.
They’re looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer to join an experienced team of exceptionally experienced DevOps engineers. This team is conducting DevOps as it should be and working directly with software development teams.
You will be joining their agile cross-functional team, comprising of Development, QA, UX Design and Product Management. Your new role will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions for new and existing products, almost exclusively on the AWS platform. You will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, solid communication skills, a desire to tackle the complex problems and a genuine passion for technology.
Ideally someone will come from an Infrastructure background, however you will need to be comfortable with writing scripts and basic software code to enhance and streamline responsibilities.
The team regularly adopt new and better technology; however, the team’s tech stack currently consists of:
- Cloud: AWS - CloudFormation, EC2/ECS, RDS, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, Cognito etc
- Operating Platforms – We work in a mixed Windows and Linux
- Scripting Languages - PowerShell, Bash CI / CD - Git, TeamCity, AWS CodeDeploy, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Other stuff - ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, NoSQL - DynamoDB, CouchBase, Docker, SQL - MySQL / SQL Server
We are looking for a mix of experience, you don’t need to have everything, but you will need experience in several areas:
- Senior technical infrastructure skills across servers, storage and networks
- Strong AWS experience
- Experience with programming and scripting in a server and/or web environment
- Experience in designing and implementing simple solutions to tricky problems
- Experience with application automation
- Understanding of microservice based architectures
- Experience with maintaining and supporting large scale customer facing environments
- Experience with implementing containerised workloads
- Good understanding of key web environments and protocols
- Good networking experience with at least basic understanding of IP, network traffic flow, network ports and protocols (e.g. http, https, smtp, ftp)
- Comfortable with using Windows and Linux command line tools for administration tasks
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with Scrum methodology
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Passion for technology and innovation
Skills & experience that would be highly desirable
- Managing large scale tasks from inception to completion
- Database administration including enhancing performance and building resilient solutions
- Automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible)
- CI/CD principles and best practices (Git-based workflows, pipelines, IaC, shift-left, immutable systems) Kubernetes/EKS Knowledge of .NET and .NET Core frameworks
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk