Android Platform Developer- Cambridge- Contract
I have a brand new contract available with one of our industry leading, global reaching clients in Cambridge. They are building out a brand new Android platform to support a number of current and new products which they will be releasing to market. As a result, they are looking to continue hiring into their engineering teams for Android based, software engineers.
- Android platform development, kernel configuration including modifications to the scheduler, performance optimisations and minimizing latencies
- Trialing and integrating open-source development tools for debugging, profiling, code-coverage, memory leak detection etc.
- Trialing build tool chains, for subsequent integration into Continuous Integration system
- Maintenance and enhancements of the Android build and distribution tools
- Responsible for writing and maintaining device drivers and low-level software components
- The production of architectural, design and test specifications
- Integration testing, investigation and resolution of issues
- Good experience and understanding of the Android architecture and ecosystem/Android SDK and APIs
- Good understanding of the Android low level system and security architecture
- Experience of creating build processes for Android platforms
- Significant contribution to the platform development of a commercially released product using Android
- Excellent knowledge of the C programming language in real-time multi-processor, multi-threaded, event-driven software
- Experience of using configuration management and fault tracking tools
- Familiar with Embedded Linux driver architecture, USB, networking, memory and scheduling subsystems
- Experience of using ARM BSPs
- Developing production quality real time embedded software for low level device drivers
- Experience with Linux open-source project configuration management and patching techniques
- Experience with management and configuration of the Embedded Linux Kernel distribution using Yocto, OpenEmbedded, Buildroot etc.
- Familiarity with working with a hardware development team (interpretation of schematics and a practical knowledge of debugging using logic analysers and oscilloscopes)
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org