SoCode is proud to be working with one of the world-leading companies in smart technology and IoT. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Software Team Leader to be a part of growing, award-winning company that is no.1 in what they do and are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment by using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
As the Software Team Lead, you will be responsible for the team that developing the companies suite server-side software. You will organise and manage the current team using SCRUM (on 2-week cycles, using Jira), and will be making hands-on contributions to feature development, CI set-up (Bamboo) and test automation, as well as contributing to improving team velocity.
Working on the product that is at the heart of our client’s business this is a critical role in which you will be creating value for customers from day one.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Planning and estimation of software features to agreed time and quality within an Agile environment.
- Design software modules/components.
- Document system design and changes.
- Design and implementation of databases with an emphasis on performance
- Review of software designs and code reviews of team members.
- Development of unit tests and automated integration tests.
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
The following experience is essential:
- Delivering products in a commercial environment
- Team and Technical leadership experience, including running SCRUM meetings.
- Cloud development in some of the following programming languages:
- Java, C, PHP, Python.
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Can lead estimation and planning activities and deliver to plan.
- Detailed understanding of data tools, techniques, methodologies and best practice:
- CI, CD, (Atlassian tools),
Location: South Cambridge
Salary: £75,000 - £80,000 per annum
Benefits: Bonus scheme, EMI share options, Subsidised gym membership, Cycle to work scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Flexible working time, Pension and Individual training plan
Please apply today to Shannen Talbot (Shannen@socode.co.uk / 01223 620870) to discuss the role and client in more detail
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us.