Due to continued success, SoCode are working with our client to source a team of GPU Engineers / Software Engineers with significant expertise in GPU drivers and API's ranging across OpenCL, OpenGL, OpenGLES . As part of that team we are looking for highly skilled contractors to work on specific GPU Driver projects.
This role will see you joining a next generation technology R&D team, working on delivering high performance software engineering to the mobile devices sector. The successful candidates will be part of shaping the technology of the future, and will see your work used by millions of people worldwide.
As this is a contract role, we are looking for true experts who can hit the ground running. We are able to be somewhat flexible in certain areas of comain knowledge though, so whether your experience is userspace or kernel space, desktop or mobile, or even gaming engines, get in touch.
Pay rate will be hourly, with an expected 40 hours per week, but additional hours are possible if desired. This will be a 6 month contract initially, with extensions on offer.
Requirements for Application:
- Degree in a related discipline
- Experienced in GPU Driver Engineering
- 2D experience is okay, but 3D is preferable
- Understanding of the full rendering pipeline
- Experience in the latest graphics API's - Vulkan / OpenGL, OpenCL, OpenGLES etc
- Open standards for low level graphics drivers - Apple METAL, Direct X etc
- Analysis of graphics hardware features
- High level power/performance modelling
- Experience in mobile GPUs
Note on Location: Whilst we are looking in Cambridge ideally, we can also consider applicants for a variety of other locations in the UK. We have spaces in London, as well as others, so please do contact if you are interested.