Software Developer in Test- Permanent- Cambridge- £50000-£55000
My client, a digital based business in Cambridge, are looking for a Lead Software Developer in Test. The successful candidate will lead the architectural design and development of an automated regression system based on a python framework. They will have experience working with python based test frameworks and will lead a team of aspiring software test engineers to create a bespoke test framework that meets the specific business needs.
- Lead the architecture and development of the test framework
- Collaborating with product owners and software developers to understand the requirements for the test framework.
- Ensure that the test framework is continuously improved on and maintained
- Following best practices for Python software development, and helping promote these to non-software colleagues
- Delivering project tasks within agreed time-scales
- Writing technical documentation capturing the test framework design
- On-the-job experience of using Python to develop software test frameworks
- Familiarity with both Python 2.7 and Python 3.x
- Automated testing and continuous integration
- Reporting software issues
- Using version control (e.g Git, SVN, RTC)
- Knowledge of some/all the following Python modules: PySerial, ctypes, socket, struct,
- Managing the tasks and team with Scrum Agile development methodology