SoCode are proud to be working in partnership with a technology firm in Cambridge who are developing leading edge optoelectronic devices for the next generation of communication networks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of company that is the largest R&D organisation in the world with research centres around the globe. With a further £3bn of investment committed to the UK over the next 5 years.
The opportunity has arisen for a Senior System Software Architect, who has the desire to work closely with the open source community.
As the Senior System Software Architect, you will focus on working with the open source community, to provide the best possible support for our hardware platforms, including in all the major commercial Linux Distributions. The role is one of close collaboration with the wider project team, to gather business requirements and use them to drive forward the architecture, implementation and hardware / software improvements.
The following skills and experience are essential:
- Enthusiastic about working within the open source community
- Able to grasp end to end platform design and understand the relevance to low level components
- Willing to get your hands dirty when needed, both reviewing and writing of code are central parts of the role.
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or a similar subject
- 5 years + experience in a similar position
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Core architecture and support for upcoming architecture features, either ARM64 or other architectures (x86, MIPS, PPC, etc)
- A major Linux kernel subsystem, e.g. Storage, networking, special purpose accelerators etc.
- Kernel spanning topics such as virtualization, OS hardening, system performance
- Practical low-level architecture knowledge
- Microarchitecture focused compiler optimization
Benefits: Career progression, competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance, training/development, onsite parking, gym membership, company rewards and more!
Hours: Flexible working hours
If you find this opportunity interesting but perhaps not for you, please do share it with others who may be interested.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org