SoCode is proud to be working with one of the world leading companies in smart technology and IoT. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer (PHP) to be a part of growing, award-winning company that is no.1 in what they do and are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment by using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
As the Senior PHP Software Engineer, you will be working within the team that, responsible for developing the companies suite server-side software, bringing skills in Databases and PHP and/or Java.
Working on the product that is at the heart of our client’s business this is a critical role in which you will be creating value for customers from day one. This role will also play an active part in the evolution of our API technologies.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Design software modules/components
- Design and implementation of databases with an emphasis on performance
- Development of back-end application software in PHP and Java
- Document system design and changes, review of software designs from peers
- Development of unit tests and automated integration tests
- Deliver software to agreed time and quality targets
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
- Work on projects with or without a team of other software engineers
The following experience is essential:
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Cloud development in some of the following programming languages:
- Java, C, PHP, Python.
- Delivering products in a commercial environment
- Experience of the full software lifecycle.
- Experience with optimising the code: finding bottlenecks and fixing them
Experience in the following is desirable but not essential:
- Understanding of data tools, techniques, methodologies, and best practice:
- CI, CD, (Atlassian tools)
- Have developed skills in DevOps
- Implementing secure systems
- Ability to guide and mentor more junior engineers
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands
- Experience of debugging and maintaining code written by others
Location: South Cambridge
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Benefits: Bonus scheme, EMI share options, Subsidised gym membership, Cycle to work scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Flexible working time, Pension and Individual training plan
Please apply today to Shannen Talbot (Shannen@socode.co.uk / 01223 620870) to discuss the role and client in more detail
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us.