Senior Software Engineer (C/C++ Networking)- Cambridge- Perm- £50k-£70k
SoCode are partnered with a pioneering start-up client in Cambridge who are enhancing the use of some of the latest technologies in a fast-paced environment. They are continuing to grow their software capabilities by adding to their team with a senior hire with experience in C programming (Embedded and non-embedded) as well as Linux, C++ and networking experience. This successful candidate will be part of a small team responsible for defining the intelligence, the development in an embedded environment and distributed architectures. The position is focussed on modelling distributed systems whilst designing the management and control of automated algorithms in C/C++, Python and Go.
- Systems modelling and simulation of distributed communications systems while performing analysis of scaled network protocols to assess service and reliability.
- Subject Matter Expert for Network algorithm in the management and control plane
- Identifying opportunities to make technology-driven operational and process improvements
- Debugging and fixing issues found from live field deployments.
- Developing of new products and products’ features
- Documenting and testing the code you produce
Skills & Experience required:
- Embedded C
- Distributed Computing Architecture exoperience
- Linux based development
- Layer 2 Networking including Ethernet switching, VLAN configuration, QinQ, etc.
- IPv4 networking concepts and administration including routing, NAT, firewall, etc.
- Scripting in Python or similar
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more, please send your CV to email@example.com