Our client are a leader in data science, machine learning and algorithm engineering with the scientific fields. Due to increased requirements, there is a requirement for a highly skilled Python Developer / Python Engineer to come in and work on the application, and add a number of features. Our client is maturing rapidly, and have reached a stage where the application code needs to be improved and in many cases rewritten to both improve stability and increase functionality.
The application draws data in from scientific instrumentation, stores it in Postgres, and then allows the data scientists, algorithm engineers and machine learning engineers access and functionality to allow them to be as effective as possible.
In addition to working on the application development, you will regularly be deploying your changes directly to production. As such, experience of a variety of DevOps ideas and principles will be highly beneficial.
This is a fantastic team, in a great office location in Cambridge, where you would be assisting in real cutting edge research that will change the lives of people all over the world.
Skills required: (if you have most, but not all of the below skills, please feel free to apply)
- Python 3
- Database experience - Postgres is preferable, but others are fine
- Provisioning tools - Such as Vagrant and Ansible
- Containers - Such as Docker
- Experience using modern best practices (Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, Test Drive Development etc)
- Comfortable with software engineering principles, such as distributed computing, software design patterns, and object-oriented design,
- Experience of the DevOps side of development (although you do not need to be a DevOps engineer)
- Happy in a fast moving culture that embraces fast iteration
- Experience with a variety of open source tools and libraries
We have a very competitive referral package, so if you know anyone that may be interested please do put us in touch.
Immediate starts are available, but we are more than happy to wait for the right candidates too