Senior Infrastructure Engineer salary up to £45,000 dependant on experience
SoCode is partnered with a Cambourne based company whose products and services are used by a variety of different industries and sectors worldwide that is looking for a talented Infrastructure engineer. This role requires a wide range of skills and experience and will be predominantly project based order to ensure critical IT services and infrastructure continue to be upgraded with the latest technology as it is released. The role will require you to work individually and as part of a small team.
Most of the core infrastructure is Windows based, however there is a small and varied collection of Linux systems and some basic knowledge would be useful.
- 3rd line Infrastructure support, Handle escalated calls from the IT helpdesk
- Ownership of core infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, firewalls and Office365.
- Administration of the VMware infrastructure and Netapp SANs.
- Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Monitor security systems and take action to adhere with best practice.
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date.
- Research, plan and implement infrastructure upgrades and replacement solutions solely or as part of a team.
Essential skills, experience and disposition
- Advanced knowledge of Exchange, Office365 and Active Directory.
- Networking expertise – TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, Next Gen Firewalls.
- Extensive knowledge of VMware vSphere.
- Experience with enterprise storage (SAN)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure/hybrid infrastructure
- Experience with Microsoft desktop OSs (Windows 7, 8, 10).
- In-depth knowledge of one scripting language preferably Bash Or PowerShell
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Macintosh desktop OS
- Strong communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Occasional travel may be required to support infrastructure and users.
- Critical system issues, as and when they occur may occasionally involve some out-of-hours working.
- Free parking,
- Private medical cover for you and family
- 9% non-contribution pension scheme
For further information please contact Ross@socode.co.uk and submit your CV by applying or sending information to me directly.