SoCode are working in partnership with an innovative Global Software Company based locally in the technology hub that is Cambridge!
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Test Manager/Director to join their growing team. You will ideally have a clear vision/strategy for the team as well as the technical capabilities in order to advise and develop a group of high-calibre Quality Engineers (both Manual and Automated testers at all levels).
The team currently works in small scrum teams alongside developers to deliver top-notch features. Although this QA team is an important segment of a global company, they emphasize a start-up culture, focus on interesting projects as well as a people-focused culture and a collaborative mindset. This gives the feel and excitement of working for an established start-up whilst still being part of a global and highly successful global organisation.
We're looking to recruit an experienced manager with proven experience of working in a complex product environment and passionate about watching others and the business grow! Our client works in highly complex domains and the current QA team are all motivated to learn about their customers and what they would like to achieve. Learning and development is the foundation of the team and every member of the team has the opportunity to become both domain and product experts’ overtime.
Skills, experience & traits;
- Hands-on experience in coaching and developing individuals and teams (both manual and automated testers)
- Must have a mindset for scaling the team/function
- Driving recruitment and experience of interviewing and
- Proven experience of showing passion for quality in all aspects of software development and ability to influence the team to build quality into all development processes
- Proactive in your approach to communication
- Experience in conducting interviews and drive the recruitment of the business
- You have methodical approach to your work, allowing you to break down complex problems into smaller more logical parts
- Working alongside the Head of R&D on overall QA strategy
- Recruit, lead, develop and motivate a team of passionate quality engineers
- Conducting regular 1:1s with everyone you manage and helping individuals determine the best way to reach their professional goals to become the best they can be
- Mentoring and developing both manual and automated test engineers
- Build out the test automation function
- Mindset for scaling a small team into a much larger team (both onshore and offshore)
- Influencing the team to build quality into all development processes
- Helping the company become an exceptional place to work
- Becoming an expert in the products and dealing with customers
Our client offers an incredibly flexible and mature working environment, they also have one of the best benefits packages I’ve come across in Cambridge so far.
If this is of interest – please get in touch with me to discuss more by calling 01223620869 or email email@example.com.
SoCode have an excellent referral scheme, so if you have any friends or family you feel this would be of interest to – please let us know!