SoCode is working in partnership with an exciting software company in Cambridge who despite being an important segment of a global company, the team emphasises interesting projects, people-focused culture and a collaborative mindset. This gives the feel and excitement of working for an established start-up whilst still being part of a global and highly successful global organisation.
Due to organic growth, they’re recruiting for Principal UX Product Designer to work alongside the Product Management and R&D teams and establish product design practices which would in future grow into a separate UX function.
This would suit an experienced Principal Designer looking for a fresh challenge, or prehaps a Senior Designer looking for that next step up. You will work within an empowered team of Technical Leads and Software Developers guided by Product Managers. The team would run a series of experimentations focusing on validation of user needs, discovering new problems to solve and testing various designs that strive to create great user experience while providing customer value.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the product management team to shape the product strategy
- Establish design standards, system and process across the teams
- Work end-to-end starting from early ideas, designs, workflows and detailed interactions
- Work closely with the Product and R&D teams to research and validate the design with the user experience and value-added in mind
- Work alongside product managers to conduct experiments to test your design hypothesis
- Help grow the team of product designers
Ideally, you will have the following experience and knowledge:
- Experience in doing product design or similar UX
- User-driven and advocating their needs
- Rapid prototyping using relevant techniques and tools (pen & paper, wireframing, low/high fidelity mockups)
- User research
- A pragmatic approach to design where you focus on the balance between value-added for customer and effort.
- Enjoy solving complex problems with simplicity in mind.
- Passion for continuously learning new things, technology and evolving as a designer.
- Able to communicate designs effectively to stakeholders.
- Experience making complex engineering tools more usable and user-friendly then we would greatly welcome that, however, it is not essential.
Salary, benefits and working hours:
For this position the salary is up to £65,000 per annum, along with flexible working hours around 10 am – 4 pm, plus a unique and highly competitive benefits package that includes free lunch, bonus scheme, private healthcare/ dental care, and much much more!
To learn more about this company or to apply please contact Shannen Talbot (Shannen@socode.co.uk / 01223 620870)
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have friends, family or colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us.