A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a client of SoCode's to work in a growing mechanical engineering and product development team, for a market leading high technology R&D client.
The successful candidate will be interested in working in an R&D environment, and have a wide breadth of skills that cover everything from testing, to using hand tools, to some ability with electronics too (soldering). As part of the R&D team, you will of course need to be able to understand engineering drawings and the principles behind them.
In return you will work in a fantastic modern office location, with a very well respected team in a great location. Hours can be worked flexibly, and you will work a half day on Fridays. This is a top quality employee focused company.
Requirements for application:
- Understanding engineering drawings
- Experience with measuring instruments.
- Electro-mechanical test., including design/specificatdion of development test equipment
- Design/specification of jigs & fixtures.
- Basic mechanical workshop skills (drilling & tapping, dremel, hand tools)
- Relevant Apprenticeship/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
Beneficial, but not required
- Understanding of PLC's / programming
- Wiring and Solddering